Sunday, April 13, 2014

Covered, and Not With Contac Paper, Passover Update

For decades we would spend a fortune on contac paper to cover almost anything when getting the house kitchen ready for Passover. A few years ago I decided that enough was enough, and I'd buy some heavy oil cloth, plastic tablecloth "material" and cut it to size.

So that's what I did, and not only did it cost a fraction of what I used to spend, the pieces  are so wide I needed only one of the sheets I bought and the other became a table cloth. After using it for the week, I launder it, since it does get pretty yucky by the sinks.

For the past couple of years, I've said, that it's time to replace it. "Last year for these pieces."  But then I pack them away and set them up again, like now.  I used to have leftover contact paper which I used on the "peninsula," but that's all finished. I think I used aluminum foil last year. But this year I decided to cut up an old plastic Passover tablecloth.

Here are the pictures. Now I must get some sleep.





2 comments:

Rickismom said...

I used PVC. Stays in place nicely

Batya said...

rm, and does it last for years?