Sunday, April 20, 2014

Passover Cooking

I've been wracking my brain to remember what I'd been planning on blogging. I just thought of one topic about how nice my neighbors are, but that can be blogged about anytime. Since this Pesach is almost over, I'll stick with a more timely topic, Pesach or Passover Cooking.

Here are series of photos I took when cooking for Shabbat Chol Hamoed when we had the kids over, and I needed lots of food. Click under pictures for the recipes.

Historic moment, quinoa on Passover.  Checking 3 times

My husband and nephew making charoset

Savta Brei, half-cooked

Savta Brei ready to eat

eating baked geffilte fish
same ingredients, just baked instead of boiled

kneidelach

vegetable kugels out of the oven

vegetables for kugels




40 year old blender, only used on Pesach

4 comments:

Tzivia in AliyahLand said...

That blender looks exactly like my first Israeli blender (by GoldLine)!!! They must not make them like they used to; mine lasted about 2 weeks, and I wasn't even trying to make kugel in it. :-(

Chag sameach!!!

Batya said...

I'm pretty sure that mine is a Moulinex or something like that. I don't know how good it is, but I've used it one week every year for forty years.

Lorri M. said...

Thank you for sharing your photos. I love your cooking journey visuals.

The blender is great...love it!

Chag Sameach!

Batya said...

Lorri, glad to be appreciated, thanks for the comment.