Thursday, June 01, 2017

Low-Carb, Crustless Dairy Quiche

Here are the vegetable ingredients, before being shredded in the foodprocessor:
carrot, onion, celeriac (root), squash, cabbage
 All shredded and ready for mixing.
In the end I felt the need to add five 5 eggs and half that container of gvina tsfatit, which is a white salty cheese. I bought the 5%. This cheese is somewhat like feta, Bulgarian or any brined cheese.
You can add more cheese, or less. And you can certainly eliminate the cheese entirely if you want a parve, lactose free dish.
In all honesty, I wouldn't obsess over the specific cheese. It should be white and crumbly.
I added some matzah meal to absorb the liquid when baking.
One was baked in a pyrex casserole for serving the next day, and the rest was put in freezable baking pans for another day.

I baked them in medium heat until they felt "solid" when pressed. Yes, that's the same "test" I use when baking a cake and similar oven temperature. My oven is old, not at all digital, and the numbers are long faded away.
The Low-Carb, Crustless Dairy Quiche really tasted great. I didn't add salt,since the cheese is very salty. You can certainly add whatever fresh herbs you want. I didn't add any oil, not even on top before baking. So, this is also a low-fat recipe.

My recipes are "suggestions." Never obsess over quantities and ingredients.

Just enjoy and let me know how it came out and what you did to personalize the recipe.

No comments: