Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Post Fast Vegetable Soup Simmering on Stove

As I had written on Shiloh Musings, it's a fast day today. I like breaking the fast on a nice freshly cooked vegetable soup. Yes, it's on the stove right now.



I trust it will be fully cooked in time to eat it right after the fast.

This is a very easy to make soup. The peas have been soaking for hours in boiling water, which has since cooled. Then before cooking I added fresh garlic, onion, carrot and squash. On top of that I poured a bit of oil and sprinkled some dill.

After it came to a boil, I lowered the heat to a simmer. Thanks to the facebook friends who helped me remember the proper word which didn't come to my fuel starved mind. I'll probably add some more water, boiling so as not to slow down the cooking and also some salt and pepper.

The delicious cooking aroma of the soup is driving me mad...

B"H the fast is over in less than an hour.

Just adding a picture. Here's the soup. I had a few bowls...

No comments: