Monday, July 10, 2017

On Being a Morning Person


I love the sunrise. I'm so happy that the front of my house faces east. The biggest mistake we made in planning the house was putting our bedroom in the back; it's like a dungeon. But the upside of that is that I just can't wait to get out of bed.

My body doesn't need great amounts of sleep, and frequently after about six hours it just wakes up. If I nap or have too inactive a day, I have trouble falling asleep. Today I awoke an hour before the alarm went off. I was on my second mug of coffee when I heard my alarm.

When I travel to different time zones, I combat jetlag by forcing myself, frequently with the help of lots of coffee, to go to bed at about midnight, and then my body wakes up about six hours later. Yes, that's on time for me.

This morning I had great fun photographing the sunrise.


And I'm sure that I'm one of the only 52Frames members who had an easy time getting the Golden Hour "extra credit" by photographing dawn.

"Magic Morning Coffee"
Luckily for me I kept waking up very early last week, with plenty of time to drink my coffee and photograph the dawn during "Magic/Golden Hour."
woke before alarm
got to see gorgeous sunrise
now drinking coffee
#morningcoffeehaiku

Psyched up for the pool
Today's another scorcher
Coffee cold and strong
#morningcoffeehaiku

rescued by coffee
sometimes sleep isn't enough
grey sky but still hot
#morningcoffeehaiku

Enjoying coffee
Wonderful Day Yesterday
but need much more sleep
#morningcoffeehaiku

Grey summer morning 
Cold brew coffee, jar, filter
No need for French Press 
#morningcoffeehaiku

ripe cold brew coffee
perfect for hot summer's day
yay, pool, here I come
#morningcoffeehaiku

Yes! Cold Brew Coffee
Perfect hot day summer drink
Must plan in advance
#morningcoffeehaiku

No comments: