Sunday, August 13, 2006

Digital report


Yes, that's my camera, the Canon A620. Strange that I copied that to use as an illustration even before making any sort of decision what to buy.

I still use the view-finder to compose my shots, since I need my glasses to deal with the screen. You can see samples of my results here, my sister-in-law took the picture, and here and here.

I'm still having trouble with the technical stuff of taking picture off the camera, sort of. It may just be a simple problem with the disc I copied the last and most important batch onto. I'm talking about the pictures from the Nefesh B'Nefesh flight.

My camera, bought in Jerusalem at Photo Nissim, came with a 1 megabyte memory card, and I bought a 2 megabyte one in NY. I probably should have had just bought another single. Also, I was really panicky about the batteries running out, so I bought a couple of spare sets and rechargers. Even though I took pictures throughout a good portion of 16 hours, the batteries stayed strong. So there, too, I didn't need to invest so much.

If I don't manage to use the home-copied disk, I'll just do it in a photo store in Jerusalem.

The camera isn't small; it's the size of a regular one, since the batteries add to the weight and bulk. Also the 7.1 pixels mean lots of memory and time per picture.

Once I get the pictures on this computer, you'll see how great they are. Sunday night I went with my parents to a concert in Stepping Stone Park, Great Neck, near the Kings Point Academy, and I took some unreal ones of the water, boats, sunset. Stay posted. They are well worth waiting for!

2 comments:

wendy said...

We are researching cameras right now. Your camera looks great!

Batya said...

It uses 4 AA batteries, no special ones, unless you get the rechargeables. The prints are supposed to be good, without that digital look. I hooked the case to a pouch (fanny pack) I started wearing to carry on my waist, and I also took a "necklace" for a cellphone and hooked it onto the camera, since I think the wrist band is rediculous. So when I shoot, I wear it around my neck.