Friday, August 18, 2006

At the movies...

To clarify, I don't "go to the movies;" I watch at home. It really doesn't pay and isn't as comfortable. When I'm in NY I buy movies for an average of less than $10- a movie, which works out much less than two tickets, not counting all the other expenses.

During my recent visit I got a few as usual, some known and some I had never heard of. I found a 3-DVD package in some big store on Fifth Avenue. Two of the movies were totally new to me, but the stars seemed reliable enough for me to trust. (Of course I didn't buy anything with Mel Gibson.)

What could be wrong with a movie starring: Denzel Washington, Annette Bening and Bruce Willis? Even on their worst days, they can out-act most anyone else in Hollywood. The Siege was a real surprise for me.

It's all about the FBI, CIA, National Security and Arab terrorism. In terms of the acting, it was definitely Bruce Willis's worst, at least the worst I've ever seen. But the rest of the acting was superb.

I guess I ought to see it again for more details, but the message I got from it was really frightening. Sorry if this is ruining it for you, but for me the most important point is...

It's discovered that the terrorists who are blowing up New York City were actually trained by the CIA operative, played by Annette Bening. Believe me, it's still worth seeing the movie, if you haven't yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't ruin it...I'm waiting for Netflix to send it to me.

Batya said...

Great, then please let me know what you thought of it!