Thursday, August 10, 2006

Back in the saddle

My daughter just called to tell me that I was lucky that I wasn't flying out of JFK today. The United States just declared the highest grade of terror alert and has increased its baggage checks and severly limited what passengers can take on the plane.

I landed on a Nefesh B'Nefesh flight filled with olim chadashim, new immigrants to Israel. This is the second time I've done it, and it's wonderful. Each year better than before. Not a single cancellation or postponement, just single-minded aliyah!

I can't imagine if we would have had been required to put everything in the body of the plane. There were poeple who had just packed their whole lives up for the move.

Dozing off, yes I'm dozing off, but I didn't fall asleep when I tried to nap.

There's so much to do, so I'll try another break.

1 comment:

Risa Tzohar said...

Welcome Home!
May we hear good news from each other. Amen, ken yehi ratzon.