Saturday, April 05, 2008

Cancer Is Out Of The Closet

I grew up with an aunt and an uncle unsuccessfully fighting cancer for years, and I knew about it. And there was also a second cousin about my age who had survived. But people in public life rarely admitted that they were sick with cancer, getting treatments or discussed their feelings.

On Shabbat I read a great article in the Jerusalem Post, Blogging as a form of therapy, which even mentioned one of the blogs I read Coffee and Chemo. And now, just after Shabbat, I saw this article about US Senator Arlen Spector's successful fight against cancer.

Yes, I know that everyone's cancer is different, and everyone's body reacts differently to the chemo and radiation, when prescribed, and everyone's bodies heal differently after surgery. You can't make rules and you can't predict.

All I can say is:
Refuah Shleimah to the ill. Have a full and speedy recovery!

No comments: