Monday, December 01, 2008

Wheels

I just couldn't resist photographing all these bicycles in the shop in Jerusalem's "Shukcanion," the "mall" in Machane Yehuda Market. I can't remember how many decades ago, since my last ride on a bicycle, but my elder son uses his as his main form of transportation.

As a kid he begged to be taught how to ride. For some reason I was terrified of teaching him. So, he borrowed other kids' bikes and taught himself. My husband's aunt and uncle brought him his first two-wheeler from NJ, and he was in heaven. Even after a serious accident which had him laid up for months, he wasn't put off. As soon as the doctor told him that he could walk on both legs and get rid of the crutches, he asked if he could ride again. The doctor said "yes," and I should have gotten tranquelizers.

He should have been born in the times when everyone just rode horses.




2 comments:

YMedad said...

Why don't you put up the link showing him riding a horse in Cuba? Heck, I will: here

Batya said...

Never thought of that. So now everyone can see one of them
if they click the link you put up.