Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"If You Want, You Can Pay 75 Shekels For The Hanger"

Yes, I know, you're not supposed to give the "punchline" before the joke, but this is a real story. 

I generally keep my cool no matter how stupid or rude or chuzpadik or outrageous our Yafiz customers, real or faux--including Arab or Jew, get.  I don't even get nasty to those, obviously missing some basic familiarity with stores, who ask if the meaning of the "2-8" sign means two shirts or sweat-suits for the price of NS8.  But last night I just couldn't control myself.

There were two men, potential customers of course, who came up to me with a jacket that sported a NS120 price tag.  One of them pointed to a small sticker on the hanger:
"So, this jacket it seventy-five shekels?"
"No, the tag on the jacket says one-hundred-twenty shekels."
"But this sticker says only seventy-five shekels."
"The important one is the one on the jacket, but if you want to pay seventy-five shekels for the hanger, you can."

4 comments:

The Blogging Safta said...

Enjoyed your punchline..a good laugh to start the day. Thank-you.

Miriam

Batya said...

Miriam, thanks! I couldn't resist it.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Ha ha! I was curious to see what the customer was trying to pull.

Batya said...

Hadassa, that's good. It proves that even a backwards joke can work. Yes, it did really happen! Maybe I should market myself for comedy?