Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Nobody's Perfect

Some of you may have noticed that I hadn't posted anything for over a day.  I generally pride myself on the fact that I'm almost never late and I always wake up on time.  Today was  a big surprise for me.

I had trouble falling asleep last night.  I had "worked night" two nights in a row and had to work morning today.  That's not easy, but I wasn't worried and set my alarm earlier than usual.  To my great surprise I noticed that it was pretty light when I woke up to silence, and my husband wasn't in bed.  I checked the time and almost fainted.  It was almost two and a half hours later than my alarm had been set for and well over an hour after my usual wake up time.

I had less than an hour to get myself ready, including making food, two meals and getting a ride or be late by taking the bus.

I went into gear and  got started.  I even perked coffee to bring to work in a Thermos.  And I made a quick tuna salad rather than a cooked vegetable for lunch.

I was out the door, fully packed, dressed etc in less than an hour.

I started to panic when waiting for a bus/ride, since there was nothing in my direction and it would soon be late.  Then a neighbor pulled up and said

"Sha'ar Binyamin."
Perfect!  I was on my way.  I arrived at the sign in exactly at 9am.

G-d is good!!

5 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I think that was G-d's way of making sure that you got enough sleep.

Batya said...

Hadassa, yes, I guess so. and you all survived without me this morning.

Miriam said...

Batya, when we put ourselves in Hashem's Hands..everything works out for the best..

Glad you got some well needed sleep.
Miriam

Batya said...

Miriam, I did feel different, better, after all that sleep, but today, I didn't have time to sleep.

Batya said...

Miriam, I did feel different, better, after all that sleep, but today, I didn't have time to sleep.