Monday, May 20, 2013

Having Fun With Vegetables

Some people find my recipes "difficult" because I am so unspecific about quantities etc.  But the truth is that I cook according to what ever is in the "pantry" and whomever will be expected to eat.  A favorite in my house (and my usual gift when we're eating at a neighbor) is baked vegetables. 

Here are a couple of the vegetable dishes I made for last Shabbat.


As you can see, there are potatoes, a sweet potato, half a "mini-pumpkin" which I "stuffed" with a couple of small tomatoes and a large piece of eggplant.  What you can't see is that the eggplant is sliced and has garlic stuffed in the slices.  I dribbled some oil on it and baked it.


This dish has already been baked.  The bottom layer is onion, then eggplant, squash, pumpkin and some oil.  You can't get simpler than that!

2 comments:

Edward F. Villa said...

That looks mighty healthy to boot too !

A portion of that and a piece of good Chicken makes for a mighty Gibor Chayal ,wouldn't you say so Batya ?

I think David HaMelech would be blessed for a kind Shabbat meal with you and yours!

Hey !
Maybe The Mishkhan would come by to you for a visit !

You never ... know ...

Batya said...

I don't know how they baked in King David's time..
We had it with chicken and salad and another veggie.