Saturday, May 25, 2013

First Musical for the First Granddaughter

I don't know how it happened, but apparently my grandchildren had never seen a show, a real show.  One reason is probably that our financial situation began getting really bad about the same time they, or at least the oldest, was old enough to be taken to her first show.  I don't know how old my kids were when I took them, but I do know that before we left England, where we had been on shlichut-working with Jewish youth- I took the two big ones to watch John Curry skate.  The girls were all of four and almost six at the time.

I had no idea of the size and shape of the theater.  Tickets weren't cheap, so I got seats so high up, my young daughters had to stand to see down so far.  It was a thrilling show and a very grownup event for them.



My eldest granddaughter just turned ten, and I wanted to do something special with her.  I didn't want to buy something that wouldn't last.  Experiences last a lifetime in one's memory.  I suggested to my daughter that I take her firstborn to see a show. 

JEST's "The King and I" was playing, and there was a matinee, which we went to.



She had a wonderful time, and now her younger siblings are waiting their turns to see a real show

PS Again we sat in the balcony, but the balcony in the Beit Ha'Am, Jerusalem theatre is easy to see from, especially the first row.

No comments: