Thursday, May 02, 2013

And Another Coffee Post: Don't Use Turkish Coffee in Your French Press!


A few months ago, a good friend gave me a present, a French Press, and I use it to make coffee on most weekdays.  She gave it to me when I was in the states on a visit, and she also gave me two packs of Yuban ground coffee. 

The Yuban was perfect with the French Press and also in my percolator when I needed hotter and stronger coffee, especially for traveling to my study day at Matan.

As they say, "all good things come to an end," and much too soon, so did my Yuban. So I used my Elite Turkish coffee which is great for the percolator.  But the much finer texture of the Turkish coffee makes it very hard to press down on the French press's filter.  I had to perk the morning coffee again.

But now a different friend came to visit, and she, being a facebook friend, too, knows all about my love for coffee in the morning.  She brought me a Dunkin' Donuts coffee.  So this morning I was able to use the French press again, and the plunger/filter went down easily, just as it should.

2 comments:

Leora said...

Yup, Dunkin Donuts coffee! That's what I use. But I buy whole bean and grind them. Yum.

Batya said...

My AZ brother in law, actually both brothers in law like their coffee from freshly ground coffee beans, but I'm just not looking for more work.