Thursday, May 30, 2013

A New Look

Late last summer I popped into a favorite store of mine.  The Designer Outlet store in Talpiyot, Jerusalem frequently has some great buys. I was hoping to find something -a super bargain- for winter.  I picked up a simple faux denim dress which I figured I could wear over a simple top.  It did seem to fit ok.  Actually, it does fit; it's just a bit short, especially when I have my pouches strapped onto my waist.  So underneath I'd wear blue or grey "tights" as we called them in my day.  Now they are colored pantyhose.  But the dress was still short.

In Yafiz, where I work, I saw something that is like a cross between a slip and loose pants.  I kept looking at them, very tempted.  Finally I decided that if they are still in the sotre the next time I work, I'll try them on.  If they fit, I'll buy them.  So, I did buy them.  They sat around awhile until I felt the time and occasion warranted my wearing them.  I finally did yesterday.


PS we now have more in the store to sell and in different colors.  We even have some fancy ones.

5 comments:

Lady-Light said...

I don't see why we can't wear stuff like this; personally, I actually like the Arab way of doing it: the women and girls wear pants under their skirts. I have no problem with that.
Maybe it will become a trend, and you will be a trendsetter!

Batya said...

LL, in my area it's very accepted. This is just the first time I've done it. It's less popular in the cities, but in the Binyamin yishuvim many women wear all sorts of pants/pantaloons, harem pants etc.

Miriam-Feyga Bunimovich said...

cool!

Quilting Corner said...

Any chance you can give the address of this store?
The new look is cute.

Batya said...

Miriam, it's fun.
quilting, the "slip" is from Chameleon, which we sell in the Sha'ar Binyamin Yafiz. There's a Chameleon branch on King George St. Agrippas side, not far from Jaffa St.