Thursday, January 14, 2016

52Frames from New York, Didn't Miss a Week!!

Last night Yesterday afternoon I finally landed home in Israel. I had been away for just over two weeks. I did my best to blog on this blog and Shiloh Musings. And I also managed to submit photos to 52Frames the photography group of weekly challenges/themes I've been in for almost two and a half years.

At 52Frames we start the year with a self-portrait which isn't supposed to be a quick smiling/mugging selfie. It's supposed to have more thought out composition and artistic pizzazz. I ended up posing in the well-mirrored bathroom in our Blakely Hotel room, New York City, where we spent New Year's Eve, since the timing of the visit had been timed to allow us to attend a big family wedding that night in Manhattan.

"Dedicated Framer"
Self portrait on the go. I am traveling and refuse to miss a week. All I have is a phone with minimal memory.

--------------

Start 2016 right. A new photo challenge in your inbox, each week. Begin your 52-week journey anytime! Tell your friends! Start here:http://bit.ly/52f-fbstart
 — with Batya Spiegelman Medad.

The photo is unedited, since it was straight from the telephone, an overtired Galaxy II which freezes and needs lots of "undoing" if I try to edit photos.

The second week's photo, also taken in Manhattan, was supposed to be black and white. And again since my phone is too overloaded and crotchety to play with, I was afraid to "tell it" to photograph black and white, so I "bleached out" the color on my friend's computer after mailing it to myself and then downloading on her computer and seeing what photo-editing program was easily available.

"New York! New York!"
At present I'm in New York City and do not have my usual computer. Enough with the excuses; this is a lovely neighborhood as you can see.

--------------

Start 2016 right. A new photo challenge in your inbox, each week. Begin your 52-week journey anytime! Tell your friends! Start here:http://bit.ly/52f-fbstart
 — with Batya Spiegelman Medad.

This was the best I could do in editing (cropping, color change and whatever) on the unfamiliar computer, an Apple.

For the upcoming weekly challenge, I've taken a gazillion pictures, which I must go through, edit a bit and choose. Sometimes life is easier for a gypsy...

No comments: