Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Snowstorm that Wasn't

I guess you can say that Israel suffers from "snow envy." The syndrome most probably doesn't appear in any of Freud's writings, but I think it should. This week, and not for the first time, Israeli media and various localities and the Capitol Jerusalem went totally gaga over the possibility of a snowstorm. To illustrate it, they didn't show the usual delicate dustings we get in Israel, they used the very recent Jonas storm in the eastern seaboard of the USA.

I missed a day of work, because my regional council recommended taking a road that didn't connect between Shiloh and Sha'ar Binyamin. And they had insisted that we should be off the road by 5pm. So I stayed home and lost money.

The truth is that there wasn't much snow at all on Monday, and Tuesday had barely more than that.






The above photos were taken first thing in the morning, but by the time I went to Jerusalem, there was no sign of snow at all. But soon after getting on the bus there were a few flurries. Of course, the driver reported it as "heavy snow."


No surprise. And I'm glad I went up to Jerusalem, because my Wednesday classes aren't cancelled. We've never had snow so many years in a row, whether furries or more impressive. Nu, would you call this "global warming?"

No comments: