Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pishers' Guide to Jerusalem #8, Kupot Cholim to The Rescue!

This is a continuation in my ongoing series about public toilets in Jerusalem. See #7,  #6,  #5, Saved by The First Station aka #4a#4#3#2 and #1

Unlike in restaurants and other places of business, I've never been questioned when entering a Kupat Cholim, Sick Fund Clinic. I've never seen a sign saying "for patrons only." The guards just take a quick look at my bag and never comment about the shortness of the time I spent in the building, if they've even noticed.

I'm not even going to mention the names of the various Kupot Cholim, Sick Funds, since if you really need the WC, you don't have to prove membership. There are clinics all over the place, and they all have relatively well-equipped public toilets.


Just look around, and you'll see the icons for toilets. I've always found them close to the entrance. And while you're there, you can have water, which is also easily available in most. Be glad that you're visiting the clinic for something as healthy, normal and benign as a pit stop.

In private clinics, there is usually some receptionist who asks what you're in for. But I've never been asked anything in these public clinics, and I've always found the toilets relatively clean and orderly.

Enjoy in good health!

No comments: