Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Yafiz, Yes, I Quit!

It's hard to believe, but I left my job at Yafiz. I had worked there for almost six years. You can see that in the photo on the right, I am wearing two pairs of glasses. It was during the time when I needed both distance and reading, but I hadn't yet started using multifocals. Now, I can't imagine living without my multifocals. They are a brilliant invention, and I'm among the blessed who didn't suffer any difficulties adjusting to them.

The photos below are of me working in the shoe store, Yafiz's Shoe Department, which is in a small building in the Rami Levy section of Sha'ar Binyamin. I really had fun there. When I wasn't busy with customers, I'd sit by the entrance, which is just across from the Rami Levi exit and say hello to friends, former students and the many, many people I know who shop there. And quite often people who just wanted to say "hello" to me would stop in and end up buying something.



I have a different job now, which will remain unnamed for the time being. Honestly, it deserves a blog post on its own

6 comments:

Jayce said...

Much success on your new employment! I'm going to miss the thrill of running into you at the store, though. Keep us posted on your mystery career. (Congratulatory balloons and flowers from Janet of ML)

Batya said...

Thanks. Yes will miss seeing you and others. Customers have told me they'd miss me, but not a word from management. As expected.

Toby Klein Greenwald said...

Wow, good luck!

Sandra said...

Ah, I thought you were up to something from an earlier post. Looking forward to hearing all about it. B'hatzlocha!

rutimizrachi said...

Blessings for success and happiness, dear friend!

Batya said...

Thanks to all of you!
Change is always so traumatic, but it feel right.