Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Bissel Panic

A bissel, yes, just a little panic.  I was about to turn on the TV-DVD for my father when I couldn't find the remote.  I must admit that I really don't like them.  I think it's much healthier to get up and walk to the set and press the buttons and walk back to wherever or whatever.

So I really did try to turn the TV on by pressing its own buttons, but it stayed dead and dark.  It had last been used on Thursday when the kids were over.  My baby, aka one of Jerusalem's most handsome bachelors, had set it up to play his music via his mp3 via or DVD.  Neither my husband nor I remember turning it off.  The DVD had been left facing uselessly to the side revealing all those little holes which had been used for connecting things beyond my knowledge.  (Notice I wrote "beyond my knowledge," not capabilities.)

So, I started searching, taking things apart, tried calling him up, no answer.  Then, for no reason at all, I walked into the den, and.... there it was.  It was on the bookshelf where I keep some miscellaneous stuff.  Wrong room.  There's no reason it should have been there, but...

...since it was found I could turn on the set and leave my father entertained.

No comments: