Monday, December 14, 2009

Fourth Night of Chanukah, The Half-Way Mark

My father and I went to a Chanukah Party tonight with the Movie Club.  I brought my lentil version of my famous vegetable soup.  It was very concentrated, on purpose, so I didn't have to carry a super heavy pot of it.  I added water at the party location and then cooked it up.

There was a nice variety of foods and cakes and doughnuts.  I took a tiny piece of doughnut and glad that I did.  It tasted awful, the perfect antidote for sweets cravings.  It looked so yummy, but one bite and yuch!

We saw "Sarah, Plain and Tall."  It stars Glenn Close.  It's a favorite movie of the neighbor who started our movie club, and he was the host.  The acting was great;  there aren't too many surprises in the film plot.  We enjoyed it.

No comments: