Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Success As Diet Coach

Last year I started coaching, dusting off a training certificate I had gotten after taking a course to be a life coach a few years ago.  Classroom teaching is no longer for me, so I have to find something else to do for a living.

I invited my neighbors to come for free to a diet support group.  One discovered that she was pregnant with her second child right after we started.  We had two goals for her.
  1. Keep pregnancy weight gain to a minimum, but without any extreme dieting.
  2. To lose weight and to find a healthy way to eat after giving birth.
We experimented to see what worked, and she ate a very basic variety of foods, frequently enough so that she wouldn't get hungry and binge.  We discovered that cheeses caused weight gain, most probably because of the salt.  Actually I also find that my weight goes up temporarily after eating in restaurants, probably because of the salt factor.

Soon we'll start stage two, and I'll reopen the diet support group. 

No comments: