Sunday, December 27, 2009

Peppers Stuffed With...

I must admit that I don't usually stuff peppers, but when we found ourselves with too much chopped liver, I decided to try something new and adventurous.


I froze the chopped liver and waited for an auspicious day.

A couple of months later, for no reason at all, I decided to do it. 

There were enough peppers in the fridge to invest some in this grand experiment:

Stuffed Peppers
Peppers Stuffed with
Chopped Liver and Ground Poultry
(Chicken or Turkey)

So, without much fanfare, I did my usual mix of ground poultry with chopped onions, raw egg and spices to supplement the liver.

I also began the sauce, a mix of tomato concentrate, onions, black pepper, garlic etc.

Then I took off the tops and innards of the peppers and literally stuffed them.  Some got liver and the others got the poultry.


I cooked it all up on the stove and covered for over an hour.  And believe it or not, it was a success!

Cooking's easy.  Just be creative!


No comments: