Monday, November 28, 2011

Just Like Soup or Stew, Some Work Days are Better Than Others

One of the best things about my job is Yafiz is that each shift has a different mix of workers.  It's a lot like the way I cook.  I never make anything exactly the same twice.  Each shift I work is slightly different.  When you add that the weather, day, season etc. are always different, then you can see that it really is very much like the way I cook.

I don't work exactly the same shifts every week.  Very few people do.  Some have been hired only to work night shifts, but they sometimes get a night off.  I was hired to be flexible, and I am. My boss is flexible about which shifts she assigns, also. All of these factors give a great dynamic to work.  It's never the same and never boring.

Last night was one of those great stews.  We all got along together working hard and sharing the loads.  Thank G-d!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Batya, it is wonderful to have a job that you enjoy and where the employer respects you!

Batya

Batya said...

Miriam, the boss-minahelet is also an employee... of Rami Levi.
I've worked in small stores where I worked alone. I find the size of this one ideal, since we can usually get shifts most convenient to our needs, and we help each other.