Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Emptying The Freezer Before Passover, Homemade Bourekas

I don't know if you can tell, but I have been using food that had "been waiting patiently" in the freezer:





I finally took out the puff pastry dough and the grated cheese for bourekas and made some. It really is easy.
  • I sliced up some onion and tomato. 
  • Then I cut pieces of the dough and stretched them out.
  • I put the 3 ingredients, onion, tomato and cheese, on half of each piece and then folded.
  • And then I baked in a medium oven until it looked ready.


Nothing can be easier! But they aren't very good for dieters, which is why it took me so long to use up the dough and cheese.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

We are eating "interesting" combinations of food from our freezer. I love being creative and husband just eats whatever I give him, thatnk goodness!

Batya said...

Yes, the creativity is fun, and my husband also eats what's served, B"H.