Sunday, May 08, 2011

More Recycling Options in Shiloh

On Friday when I went out to deposit the plastic, I found a new "structure."  A sign on it said that it's for cartons.  Unfortunately it was put in a place that blocks one of the sides of the plastic recycling "cage."  So now I have to use the other side.  I don't put my bags where they'd blow away.  I put all the bags in one, tie them and then throw them in with the bottles.



Now we have recycling for plastic, paper and cartons.  Not bad.

5 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Bags can't be recycled with the bottles, even if they're made out of the same material. The machine into which the bottles are fed can't accept them. In Elon Moreh the person in charge of the recycling bins (We have carton, paper, plastic bottles and I think glass bottles, but we take ours elsewhere.) said that containers other than bottles shouldn't be put in the bins either, even if they're made out of the same plastic.

Ruth said...

I was just thinking the same as Hadassa! In Har Nof we have recycling for plastic bottles and for paper. So far the plastic bags have to go in the garbage. Slowly, slowly...

Batya said...

Hadassa, Ruth, very interesting. I didn't know. I'll have to try to read the fine print of the instruction sign. Nobody has said anything about that here.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
There may not be anything on the bin itself. Our local "green guy" posts information almost every week in the local newsletter.

Batya said...

So far, nobody has taken that role here.