Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Glorious Jewish, Zionist Evening!

I was one of the many lucky people to have attended  last night's Moskowitz Prize for Zionism event.  I was supremely priviliged to see living legends, the proof that Zionism and idealism are far from dead. 



Having flown twice with Nefesh B'Nefesh olim to Israel as a journalist and seeing how quickly and joyfully they got all of the work done for my father's aliyah, I have no doubt that they deserve their prize.

Another prize winner, former MK Chanan Porat showed us that the spirit rules the body.  His strength and determination shine through, although he's physically frail.

Sharon Katz of Voices Magazine blogged lots of pictures from last night.
It was great seeing her.  I hope to post my own pictures later on.  Today I'm just too busy.

2 comments:

Sharon Katz said...

People like you and Winkie are the reason Zionism is alive and well.

Batya said...

It's you my dear. We're just ordinary people.