Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Fun Meal

Last week my husband and I met friends at my favorite restaurant, HaGov, The Lion's Den.  It's a kosher sports bar and grill in downtown Jerusalem.  It now opens for the late lunch/early dinner crowd and doesn't get the "bar atmosphere" until about 9pm.  During the early hours it's just a great, reasonably priced meat restaurant.

Not long ago, I discovered that their Tuna Salad cost a lot less than in dairy restaurants.  But since we met for dinner, I had my usual Chicken Salad, which cost less than any non-carbohydrate meal one can buy in a dairy place.  I always enjoy this and find it very filling.

The men both had hamburgers, which they loved and polished off with great enthusiasm.

My friend decided to try something different and had the Fun Joel Platter.  As you can see below, there's a variety of food.  Besides the fresh salad, there are Buffalo Wings, Schnitzel, French Fries and Onion Rings.  It was more food than she could handle at one sitting so the always helpful staff packed up what was leftover, so she could treat herself at home.

No comments: