Friday, August 24, 2012

What's The Coffee Connection?


I took this picture in New York this summer.  I really didn't notice those cups on the wall and couldn't see the connection.  Why do they have that sign there saying "coffee?"

As I write this, I'm drinking my morning coffee, and I'm not dressed like that.  I'm not even dressed for my "day job."  How do you dress when drinking coffee?

For me coffee is part of my early morning routine.  I don't take "coffee breaks" at work, which is probably what this scene is supposed to represent.  And I don't dress like that either for work...

At this moment I'm sitting in the den, dressed in a terrycloth robe, barefoot and bleary-eyed trying to wake up.  That's my usual coffee-drinking outfit.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I agree absolutely. As a coffee maven, I like to sit, with my home made espresso, in my kitchen, looking out at the garden, whilst dressed in my nightie! It takes a strong hit of caffeine these days to get me moving! So strong is the coffee, that I daren't have another all day, so I savour the one! In gets me ready for the busy day ahead. Shabbat Shalom!

Miriam said...

Batya
I'm a early riser and for me, a cup of joe first thing in the morning, surfing, reading my mail, catching up on the news is a relaxing way to start the day.

The picture I guess, represents professionals from they way they are dressed, grabbing that first cup as they set off for a busy day... Is that first cup the new 5:00p.m. 'happy hour'?

Shabbat Shalom
Miriam

Batya said...

Sandra, Miriam, I also generally limit my coffee to a giant mug at home in the morning. I don't take coffee breaks.
The window display may mean that coffee breaks are instead of taking proper meal breaks.