Saturday, August 04, 2012

No Need to Be A Kvetch

I don't know about you, but I like to sit in an aisle seat when flying.  That's partially because I've heard from many sources that it's good to walk around a lot.  Sitting in an airplane isn't good for our health.  And considering how crowded the planes are, if you want to walk, you're best off on the aisle, even though the windows can be very compelling.


Even though I had ordered/requested an aisle seat in all of my flights, I was assigned a window seat for the flight home.  I didn't fight it.  I hate being one of those passengers complaining and nudging the staff.  The last time it had happened, the men I was sitting with were very willing to get up whenever I requested it.  The man in the aisle seat said he preferred it to getting my seat in the middle.  I could understand that.

So this time I told the women sitting in the middle and aisle that I would just ask them to get up when I needed to get out.  The first time it happened was awful.  The woman in the middle scrunched herself in her seat, hugging her legs like a contortionist.  Her friend in the aisle seat quickly volunteered to switch with me.  I was able to sit in the aisle seat.  They slept almost the entire way back to Israel from Newark, NJ, Airport.

Barurch Hashem, thank G-d  it all worked out.

2 comments:

Cousin Natalie said...

I'm glad you had a comfortable trip home.

Batya said...

Thanks
I'm so glad that you put together my fantastic day in Philly. Thank you!