Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Taking On A New Mitzvah

It's rather risky, making plans for an 89 year old, but my family is planning a mitzvah very new to us.  We're working hard to bring my father to Israel.  Our empty nest won't be filling with our progeny, but with the family patriarch.


My children and grandchildren, too, are helping as much as possible, no, more than you can ever imagine.


We're filling in forms, finding documents etc to fulfill the requirements of Nefesh B'Nefesh and JAFI.


That's what's behind my blogging slience recently.


Last night when I couldn't sleep I posted the latest Kosher Cooking Carnival.  I'll be jetlagged before I even board the plane.


G-d willing my mother will join him here in a few short months and they should both live out their lives, until a 120, surrounded by children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.


4 comments:

tnspr569 said...

What wonderful news!!

May everything progress smoothly and efficiently, and may you and the entire family enjoy being together again for all the years to come!

Batya said...

thanks, Amen!

toby said...

How exciting - mazal tov!

Batya said...

Toby, G-d willing it should be as planned, if not, it'll just be a more difficult mitzvah.