Thursday, September 17, 2009

Canola Oil Isn't All It's Cracked Up To Be

I've never bought canola oil.  Yes, that makes me a very rare bird for those concerned about health.  Since I could never figure out/picture what a canola is, I didn't want to eat it.

I know what soy beans are and have eaten them in different forms, so I have less trouble eating standard Israeli soy oil, certainly much better than the vague American "vegetable oil."  I cook with soy oil, and I use the best olive oil I can buy when I'm pouring oil over a salad.

Once you cook expensive cold-pressed olive oil, you've lost a lot of its goodness.  Yes, that's why I cook with soy oil.  I use that same philosophy concerning honey verses sugar.  Once you cook the honey, it's no better than sugar.

Here on Mike Geary's site are more details about the unhealthy aspects of canola oil.

2 comments:

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Dropping in to say you have been Tagged

Shana Tova!

Batya said...

With HH due on Tzom Gedalia, no promises about the meme, but....

Happy ONE YEAR Anniversary...
Hapy Blogging!