Friday, September 18, 2009

Getting A HEAD Start on Rosh Hashannah

Before I really start this post, just a reminder that the best head start for any big holiday or special occasion, meal or event is always to always do as much as possible in advance.  For the Rosh Hashannah Holiday, which requires four, yes 4, major feasts (think four Thanksgiving in the United States meals) in two days, I cooked and froze most of the poultry and fish last week.  I cleaned the guest bedrooms for visiting family yesterday.  Today what remains to do are the side dishes and last minute cleaning.  Yes, I work and had many other things to do, some of which you can read about on this blog. 

I won't be serving a fish head on Rosh Hashannah, but davka, ironically, I served whole fish including heads last night.  The fish had been in our freezer for many, many months, and I decided that my husband and I deserved a good meal.



G-d willing, the year will be looking up, like this fish is!

I'll end this post with the last dawn of the Jewish year, as seen from our house.
 


Shana Tova!  Have a Wonderful and Healthy Year!
Gmar Chatima Tova
May You Be Inscribed In the Book of Life

No comments: