Sunday, June 12, 2005

Take me back...

Take me back to the ball game
take me back to my youth...

I remember when Shea Stadium was new and and the "World's Fair" was the event. My brother and I went on the second day, since we figured that the first would be too crowded. I returned many times, since it was the best place for a teen and only a short ride from Great Neck on the LIRR.

Now, since NYC's mayor Bloomberg lost his bid/attempt to build an enormous sports stadium in Manhattan, he's thinking of rejuvenating Shea. Anything to bring the Olympics to Olympian New York City!
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/11/sports/othersports/11olympics.html?th&emc=th

2 comments:

Esther said...

While I think it would be a security nightmare for a city that's already been through the mill, I truly wish NYC could get the Olympics. It'd be a tremendous boost.

Batya said...

Security, not easy, but if anybody from the 3rd world wants to start a new life, it would be easy to disappear.