Friday, June 19, 2015

Fun Time with a Grandaughter

Every week or two I do some "babysitting," though it's not real babysitting anymore. The older kids are old enough to take care of the youngest who's the only one not old enough to be on her own. So my "job" is just to pick her up from gan, preschool, bring her home and make them all some lunch.

The youngest had her dance class that afternoon.




And afterwards she wanted to play in the playground.





I had to bribe her with a trip to the grocers for ice cream so she'd go home. Yes, that's something my kids would never request, but I'm now a savta, a grandma and the rules are different for me.

4 comments:

hana said...

a new word added to my english : to bribe...
is the generation of our grand children more " buyable"? shabat shalom

Batya said...

hana, as a grandparent I have little authority

Marcia Goldlist said...

This post was shared on the Haveil Havalim blog.

Marcia Goldlist said...

Visit the Haveil Havlim Carnival Blog at https://enjoyingthebible.wordpress.com/2015/06/20/haveil-havalim-fathers-day-and-more-from-enjoying-the-bible-online/