Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Newest Kitchen Gadget

When I was in New York a few months ago, I not only bought that wonderful, low-tech 1-cup coffee filter in Zabar's, I bought new poultry shears aka kitchen scissors. I guess that Zabar's has more in the store than on their internet site, because I can't find either there. but I did find the poultry shears on Amazon.

I had seen my friend use them for easy chicken-cutting, yes the same one who has the coffee filter. These shears, unlike a pair I had been given a couple of decades-plus ago, seemed so easy to use and clean.

 


It took me awhile to get the gumption up to use them. That's why I'm just writing about them now.


They seem to have some other gadgets attached, but I'm not quite sure what. Also since they are used on raw poultry I don't think it's healthy to use them for other things. We don't have a dishwasher of the electric type, just human.  They may not get as clean as they should be.

This was definitely a good purchase. I'm glad I got it, because I buy whole chickens which cost less than those cut up in quarters or more.

4 comments:

Netivotgirl said...

I have one I've been using for years. Very useful! Enjoy yours, Batya!

Batya said...

Thanks, my first one was awful. It was with that accordian type thing, but this one is so much fun and easy to use.

Jun said...

Hi, Batya. I like your blog and thought you may be interested in reviewing a new kitchen gadget that we are recently working on. Our product, melochair, is a simple tool that creates a flat and stable surface to support the watermelon. It keeps kitchen, refrigerator, and BBQ table organized. Let me know if you want to know more about this product (melonchairs@gmail.com).

Batya said...

sure, thanks