Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Revisiting Piccolino

Yes, I was back in Piccolino, one of my favorite Jerusalem restaurants. 

Since we were a group of six plus a baby, we were put in one of the lovely rooms. It was very pleasant. Every time I've eaten in Piccolino, I've sat someplace else, and I've enjoyed them all.

We sampled some of their new dishes, including their home-cured lox, which was tasty and not too salty. There was a nice sized pizza, enough for two. 

And two in the party ordered Shakshukas which were like no other I've ever seen or heard of. Generally, a shakshuka is eggs cooked in a rich tomato sauce, but these were cooked in herbed cheese. They were unbelievably delicious.


I had the Fish of the Day. Honestly, I don't remember exactly what it was, but I finished every drop! I even ate the skin which was so crisp and irresistible.


We were all stuffed, but they said that we must try the desserts, since it was a celebration. And they were right. The chocolate somehow reminded me of those Snickers candy bars of my youth. I hadn't had one for at least fifty years, but somehow my tastebuds recognized something similar. The coconut puff was also yummy, and I couldn't resist having some of the whipped cream too. Luckily I wasn't alone. We shared.


I 100% recommend Piccolino! And I'll be back there, again, for sure.

12 Yoel Moshe Solomon Street, Jerusalem
Nava@piccolino.co.il
Reservations are recommended: Call 02-6244186

No comments: