Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Easy and Tasty Egg Salad Sans Mayonnaise

 I stopped buying mayonnaise a few years ago when my husband had to lose weight. We hadn't used all that much mayonnaise, but there really wasn't any need for it. The only time is when I find myself with hardboiled eggs in need of being made into egg salad. A few times I used catsup, which gives it a nice flavor.

But this time I felt the need for something even nicer and more interesting. For the same meal and guests for whom I had boiled the eggs, which had hardly been eaten, I also made techina. It is much, much healthier and tastier than mayonnaise, and it has some similar characteristics.


As you can see in the photo, I cut up a delicious ripe tomato and added it with the techina and eggs. I simply mashed it all with a fork, and then I added just a bit of castup.


I used it as a sandwich filling for my husband to take to work. I didn't hear any complaints. He is not shy about complaining about my cooking.

This is much healthier than the classic egg salad made with mayonnaise. Enjoy!

1 comment: