Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Disappointing Meal

My husband and I went out to eat together a few weeks ago. Maybe we shouldn't have, because again we had no luck. We were at the Cafe Cafe at 44 Emek Refaim, Jerusalem which had become a Meat restaurant.

I suggested that he order the meatballs which sounded really good in the menu.



In the end he just got a bowl with a few, very few, meatballs. I asked the waiter why there aren't any vegetables. The waiter tried to tell me that the vegetables were in the gravy. But there was nothing to chew, nothing to actually eat, besides the potatoes he had as a side dish. I'm a writer and so is my husband. We read the menu carefully and it was clear that there should have been root vegetables, carrots, potatoes and more. The waiter spoke to his superiors and returned with a salad for my husband. So we stopped complaining, but don't order the meatballs unless you check first to make sure you're getting a meal, not a small first course.

I ordered one of their chicken breast meals. Which had white meat on cooked vegetables. It was fine.


The restaurant has potential, and unlike the nastiness at Roza, the staff was polite and accommodating.

2 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

Reminds me of "you get no bread with one meatball" 😀

Batya said...

I noticed that some restaurants aren't giving bread with salads again. It happens when business is slow.