Monday, August 13, 2018

Kitchen Chaos Meltdown → Happy Ending

Yesterday was "Kitchen Chaos Meltdown Day." I'm pretty sure that almost every renovation project has at least one day for the homeowner when things hit a crisis mode and hysteria reigns. I got there yesterday afternoon when due to a misunderstanding one of the necessary "pieces" of my new kitchen wouldn't be available at all.

The exact details aren't important, but my first reaction was "mild" hysteria and then that I'd have to make an unplanned trip to Jerusalem to buy a replacement. Then all of a sudden I remembered that in the Shiloh Industrial Zone there are two stores that sell the product. OK, maybe not the exact one or the fantastic price I had expected to pay, but if I could buy it here and have much easier delivery logistics, too...  Also, the missing product wasn't something that needed the "wow factor*," so once I had calmed myself a trip to Jerusalem seemed totally unnecessary.

So, I quickly called my "kitchen guy," the one whom I hired to do this daunting project and told him about the unexpected complication and my solution. That solution meant that he had to quickly drive over to my house from whatever/wherever he was, drive me down to the two stores and help me pick out the missing product.

Apparently crises like these are part and parcel of renovation projects like mine, so he wasn't phased by the little emergency. And I was perfectly calm by the time he walked in. He drove me down.

I went through one store's showroom, and although I easily found a perfectly suitable replacement, the prices were too high. So we went to the other store. Again I quickly found something nice, and there the prices there were extremely reasonable. I definitely recommend the large hardware/building supply store in the Shiloh Industrial Zone. There's no need to go to a city to shop. That is one thing I've learned now. The product was ordered, and we're on track, B"H, thank Gd.

Here's how my new kitchen looks as of right now:



*To be honest, if you have a good eye for design and color you can easily "wow" from this simple local store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! It already looks gorgeous and sleek and modern and functional!!!! Can't wait to see the finished result!!!

Batya said...

Thanks, so exciting.