Monday, August 20, 2018

Phone Death Confirmed

Last night I blogged that my Samsung J7 had died. Honestly I had been hoping that I was wrong and a simple "lung" battery transplant would bring it back to life.


So this morning my friend drove me to the phone place in Ariel, near the Rami Levy. I got there a bit too early, so I did some grocery shopping and then made sure I'd be first on line when it opened at 9:30. I had gotten glowing recommendations about the place, and it is pretty close to Shiloh.

Actually, time-wise, Shaar Binyamin and the Ariel Rami Levy Mall are about the same distance from Shiloh, but the ride to the Ariel one is much more pleasant. They both have branches from the same Rami Levy and phone place, but the road to Shaar Binyamin is via Waadi Charamiya, while half the trip the the Ariel mall is within Ariel.

The Ariel Mall is filling with lots of nice stores and kosher restaurants.






Back at the phone-repair lab, the charming and polite young man tried everything in his repertoire, including calling the manufacturer. Finally, he had no choice other than confirm the sudden-death of my phone.

Since I said that I wasn't about to spend a lot on a phone, since they just don't last very long, he recommended buying the chinese Xiaomi. So now I have less than a day to get advice on which to buy and where. One thing I really liked about him was that he didn't start on a hard sale. He told me to do my research and decide which phone I wanted. I was surprised and relieved.

Today I need to be home since I'm expecting two important kitchen workers. I'm even missing a wedding for them. Tomorrow I will buy a phone Gd willing, either in Ariel, Shaar Binyamin or in Jerusalem. Please quickly write your advice and recommendations, yes, ASAP. Thanks. Only phone me if you have my home number, since, obviously my cell doesn't work. Otherwise comment here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My new phone is a xiaomi m1; I'm pretty happy with it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.