Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ahhhh, TU B'Shvat

TU B'Shvat, the very middle of the Jewish month of Shvat, signifies that winter is ending, last chance to plant your trees. It's the time of the year when we see fruit trees, native to the HolyLand, bloom, like this almond tree. I was sure that there wouldn't be a single almond with massive flowers this drought year. But today I was surprised. It's near a house, and it was either watered, or benefited from a leak.

It's definitely the prize tree of the year.


And here is my door, well decorated by my grandchildren. Thank G-d!


6 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

What a gorgeous tree! Even in rainy years, our almond tree doesn't look anything like that.

P.S. I'm impressed that your ribbon is still so bright and orange! (Our youngest used to think that "Gush Katif" was the Hebrew word for "orange". :-) )

Batya said...

Every year there's a different one, which gets the prize. This one totally caught me by surprise.

Leora said...

Hashkedia porahat...

Love the children's art work.

Batya said...

Leora, yes, it is.

Thanks!

rickismom said...

WOW!!! And that's without rain/////

Batya said...

I was in shock. It must have gotten extra water. None of the other trees look so gorgeous.