Friday, February 06, 2009

Before I Get Back to Pre-Shabbat Stuff

The other day in Jerusalem, I finally remembered to have my camera checked. Suddenly it wouldn't zoom in video mode.

Almost three years ago, when I gave in and decided to get a digital camera, I was in a quandary about where/what/which to buy. My kids told me to check the internet, but that was even more confusing. I'm kinesthetic and I have to feel the camera, see how comfortable etc it is. Also, I knew too little about them to understand what was written.

Then one day/night my kids told me to look at their friend's camera. He had bought it in Jerusalem, and it didn't cost much more than online, and I could nudge the store for help, and it felt comfortable and had a view-finder.

It's the Canon 620, now not made. I bought it in Photo Nissim, which is now "Camera" in The Clal Building. The guy in the store the other day was very sweet and said that the solution to fix it was in the menu. No charge.

4 comments:

Leora said...

I'm glad it was a simple solution. I've had digital cameras fixed for prices that cost $100 (in the last case it was a child leaving it somewhere where it crashed down to the floor, so the whole back screen needed replacing. Not a mechanical device problem.

I'm now eyeing Canon DSLR cameras... pricey, but such nice shots one can get.

Batya said...

$100- wow! Today, I could get a camera which can do almost what mine does for that much. I guess your camera is much better than that.

When we were in Eilat, I suddenly realized that the lense wasn't opening completely. I went into a camera store and the guy was afraid to touch it. So I fixed it myslef.

rickismom said...

By the way, when you DO need to buy, have your kids price for you on the net. It is MUCH cheaper......

Batya said...

That's how my sons' friend found that camera. He searched the Hebrew; I had been looking at the American stuff. Camera-Photo Nissim has its own repair lab and a longer service contract than the US places. My Canon 620 was state of the art when I bought it, and a few months later, it was rated "top camera" on yahoo.
You can't get better than that.