Thursday, February 12, 2009

Celebrating TU B'Shvat

I had some errands to do in downtown Jerusalem on TU B'Shvat. I heard music coming from Ben Yehuda Street.






Yes, it was quite a celebration. Maybe I'll put more up on my youtube. I'm amazed at what I took pictures of, since I couldn't see clearly. I had just been to the eye doctor and the drops he put in my eyes made it all blurry. I just pointed the camera and hoped for the best.

Saturday night, Shiloh had a big 31st anniversary celebration. The "powers" brought in an "improv" group, known as "play back." They request stories from the audience and then make up skits based on the stories. Here they are showing a young mother, fed up with living without paved paths and roads, being the only occupied house in a new neighborhood. She shlepped her two babies to the office to complain.

2 comments:

RivkA with a capital A said...

I recently saw a Playback production at the Beit Natan retreat.

You can read about is here

Batya said...

I remember reading the post. This time they weren't insightful, just out for laughs.
They didn't get the deepest story at all. I was disappointed. The kids in the audience loved them.