Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baruch Hashem! Thank G-d!

I slept well and soundly last night. Usually, the quality of my sleep is an accurate indicator of my health. The night before I just didn't sleep. I moaned and groaned, and of course disturbed my husband. I finally fell asleep early in the morning and was awakened at 8:30 by a call asking me if I was on my way to the Matan tour. I apologized for not getting up to call her and explained that I was sick. Then I fell back to sleep.

I finally woke up at 12:30! I never do things like that. I usually get up before 6am. But at least I slept.

Today I feel weak but better. I even had some coffee, after water with freshly squeezed lemon. Yesterday, all the water, and only water, I drank was with lemon juice. I consider it the best medicine for all flues, colds, sore throats, etc. Not honey. The sugar in the honey isn't good.

I also managed to cook myself some vegetables, onions, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and garlic, with oil in a covered pot. I ate small portions during the day.

And now, I hope that my appetite has shrunken a bit to help me lose weight on my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet. I have lost weight, but it's going much more slowly now. I'm eating the right proportions of food, but I have to get used to eating less.

On with my day...

2 comments:

Leora said...

So glad you feel better. Ah, what a good night sleep can bring!

Batya said...

Leora, thanks. It was such a relief. B"H