Wednesday, May 04, 2005

disappointed, but...

I just called my neighbor about our weekly ride to the Neve Yaakov Pool and discovered that it's closed for repairs. I'm disappointed, but there's plenty to do, and it'll be easier to handle the rest of my day.

So I took a quick look at yahoo news for some interesting items:

First there's a memoir written by one of the "munchkins" in Wizard of Oz . He's 89 years old!

Next the story of a miraculous recovery after what seemed to be permanent brain damage. There's always reason to hope.

Lastly, is food for thought, the type to make you sick. Apparently in many states in the U.S., one can be fired for one's private, personal, political opinions . That's right! Freedom of thought, choice, etc do not really exist in America.

So I'm not missing anything living here in Israel. Though I guess it's good that the "hanhalah" (the bosses) where I work don't read my blogs.

Now for a walk around the block, better than nothing, but I was looking forward to the sauna and steamroom. Ok, soon the pool will be open here.

No comments: