Tuesday, May 31, 2005

re-decorating, favorite things and misc.

Well, I guess you noticed. I axed the bimbo and replaced her with the orange ribbon. If you want one, they're giving them out for free at EFSI. Just click the snazzy silver neon sign for your instructions.

I always liked the color orange. When I was 18 I had three bright orange dresses. Too bad the photo of me in the gorgeous crepe one is black and white. Now I wear the orange bracelet, and I have a bright silk scarf in the same orange. It's small, and I've had it for years. Finally it can be worn for special occassions.

When I was at the dentist this week, besides the good news of "no cavities," I got a kick out of the fact that there are T'hilim books and other sifrei kodesh, Jewish holy books, in the waiting room, and the secretary was making appointments according to the Jewish calendar.

The trekker's latest project is replacing the magnet around the fridge door. Honestly I don't think it's worth the hastle, since the fridge has survived with it's orginal for almost twenty years, and I hate to change what isn't broken. But he has been complaining about it for a few years, and now he has the confidence to do the work himself. Apparently when he was with his boss getting equipment he found out where the handymen buy their stuff. So now, I'm starving and can't get into the kitchen. But what a great husband he'll G-d willing make with all these great skills.

It's ok. Actually, I was supposed to be working on a CV to get a bit more work or a much better job. They've cut my hours.

Smile! Things can be worse.

And the really good news is that G-d willing I'll be one of the journalists on a Nefesh B'Nefesh flight this summer! I'm looking for some more publications to commission articles about it. Or some that will take my standard one.

I guess I should sneak into the kitchen to eat soon.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Trekker will surely make a handy husband some day. that's great!

My fingers are crossed that you get to be one of the journalists on the Nefesh B'Nefesh flight.

Hope you got some food eventually. :)