Monday, May 02, 2005

New Opportunities

Even though my salary doesn't come from the Ministry of Education, my job may be in danger. In recent years it has shrunk from full-time plus to just half. English teaching hours were reduced for my classes (5 to 4 per week) and I don't get all the grades I used to. I also have to "tremp" (hitch hike) to and from work, no more "taxi" service, not even part of the way. And there's no public transportation between Shiloh and Beit El. The Beit El buses are only southward to Jerusalem, and Shiloh is north, and the T-Junction (Givat Asaf) is not a regular bus stop. And yes, I love my job, teaching those boys. They usually appreciate my sense of humor. My experiences teaching girls have been less successful; they look at me with dread: "I hope I don't grow old like her!"

My bosses keep reassuring me that my job isn't in danger, but I'm paranoid, just the same.

So it's wonderful timing to get so many comments that I must get "Baile Rochel" into the bigtime of syndication in the Jewish papers. For that reason, I'm asking for specific ideas (including name, editor, email, link) of various papers. And if anyone has any connections, don't be shy, I'm asking you to suggest "Baile Rochel" to your favorite Jewish papers. Or if someone knows an agent who can do the hustling, please make a shidduch.

Thanks,

Baile Rochel

No comments: