Wednesday, May 04, 2005

May 3 T'hilim, Psalms, Kohelet, Ecclesiastes

Yes, I've resumed my studies, and I'll report. But this time I'll just give you the highlights.

During the two hours we study, everything seems to be important, but I don't have the time for a full report. Maybe I'll add more later. Now for one important line from Kohelet, Ecclesiastes.

Chapter 7, line 19
"Wisdom strengthens the wise more than ten rulers who are in the city."
Nissan started by asking me "What's better, democracy or dictatorship?" (I guess he reads my musings.)
Ten rulers are "democracy" and the "wise" is the "dictator" who takes good advice, "wisdom." The ten could be fools; we all know that in democracy not always the best (person/idea) wins. People are stupid. My classic argument is that Hitler came to power in a democratic way. His party was voted into office.
But a wise man who properly analyses good/wise information is a much better ruler.

This certainly not what I was raised to believe, not what I was taught in Social Studies. But "pc" the politically correct is not always right.

No comments: